" The Lord takes many away, even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth"
(Joseph Smith)
"The cavity which suffering carves into our souls will one day also be the receptacle of joy."
(Neil A. Maxwell)
"The gift of resurrection is the Lord’s consummate act of healing. Thanks to Him, each body will be restored to its proper and perfect frame. Thanks to Him, no condition is hopeless. Thanks to Him, brighter days are ahead, both here and hereafter. Real joy awaits each of us—on the other side of sorrow."
(Russell M. Nelson)
One day last February, Zach was playing with the hose in the front yard. For some reason, Dave took about a hundred pictures of him. He had so much joy in being outside on this unexpected warm day. 3 days later he left our home for a better place. The day he left us, we learned how close heaven truly is.



25 comments:
Gillian-
Our thoughts have been with you guys today. Maybe part of Zachary's mission here was the effect that his passing would have on so many...even those of us who really didn't know you all that well. If it would give you any comfort to know that it has deeply impacted and changed one heart and strengthened one testimony, then I hope it gives you that much more comfort to know that it has changed many, many of us. I don't know that a day has passed in the last year that your family has not been in our prayers. And we will continue to keep you there.
Thank you for the quotes. I love the one by Neil H Maxwell that says "the cavity which suffering carves into our souls will one day also be the receptacle of joy". That is exactly how sorrow feels, like a cavity carving its way through ones soul. Sometimes sharp and painfully and sometimes slow and dull. You have been in my thoughts and prayers so often over this year. Your sweet little Zachary is so precious in these photos. Much Love
I have been thinking about you and your family a lot this week. Thank you for sharing those quotes with us. They have helped me also. What a glorious day it will be when you are reunited with Zachary. We love you guys and pray for your family.
Gillian,
Thinking of you on this 'anniversary'. I absolutely love those pictures. What a treasure. Loved the quotes too. Our thoughts are with you often.
Michele Gledhill
I can't help but think of you and your family right now. It was Feb 6th one year ago my Saryn was born... one week before your Zach left this world.
I am amazed by your strength. I'm blessed to see your positive outlook, and your sure knowledge of your family's future reunion.
Thanks for sharing those quotes. They mean more than you know.
I can't believe it has been a year. That was one..long..year. You have endured so much and have done so well. You are an amazing woman who was special enough to be given one of Heavenly Father's choice angels.
Those are such great quotes. We are so lucky to have the gospel! I love all the pictures of Zach!
My thoughts and prayers are always with you :)
Gil,
So many hugs and prayers are being sent your way. You and your family are such an inspiration to many and Zach's mission was and is an amazing one that continues to touch many... one special little guy. Thank you for always being willing to share so much, in the midst of your pain and healing you help to inspire and uplift others... you are an amazing person and I'm grateful for you!
Love,
Shel-
Gill I thought of you and Dave all day yesterday. I gave you a call to tell you how much I love you but got your voice mail. I love these Pictures of Zachary. He just has an amazing light about him and around him that you can see EVEN in a photo. Thank you for all the Quotes. how a year's time has passed like the blink of an eye. our prayers are with you guys. Love Gidg and ED
My Dear Gillian
Thinking of you..I love you.
Stacey
I love the title...It is your "Angel Day" I love the quotes you wrote. They are beautiful. How wonderful it was to have all those pictures taken. You are such an inspiration to me. Some days I just don't know if I can handle one more thing. But I know I can because others suffer more deeply than I do and they go on and help others. I hope I can be more like you. Zach's mission is still on going. What a blessing he was for all those who knew him and didn't know him and how he has affected our lives. I love ya. Judy
I love the quotes. Thinking of you, I love you.
Thinking of you and your family.
Gillian:
Thank you for the quotes...I haven't heard some of them and I needed to hear them today. I LOVE all the pictures of Zachary. I've been praying for you and hope you felt some sort of comfort. I don't know what I would have done the past months without having someone to understand what this is all about. Thank you for being there for me and comforting me and helping me. Thanks again for those quotes...they are perfect and what we are looking forward to. We will be compensated some day...can't wait for that day!
Love ya!
I love the quotes. They are beautiful. And so is Zach. I love all the pictures Dave took. They are just precious.
Thinking of you & much love,
Lauren
Gillian-
I hope you felt all the love that was being sent your way! Zachary is just a beautiful boy! We love you guys!
those beautiful big brown eyes...just like his mother's! It is hard to believe all that a year can hold and yet it feels like we can blink and go back...but forward we go and forward we look because families are Forever and the joy is found in the promises ahead...that is what helps us on this journey...the gospel is sooo true! You are remarkable...you may not feel it but those around you feel it! All the love we can send has been sent to you from the "high deserts of Nevada"
I am hearing some news about you!!!! I am so thrilled. When is the big day? Love and miss you.
What an amazing thing for Dave to capture these pictures like that. It is just proof to me how thin the veil is, that even those who didn't know him as well, feel a connection to him. Thank you so much for sharing him with us.
I don't think I've told you lately that your family is one of my heroes. Life throws unexpected curveballs all the time, but in looking at your family, I have a better idea of how to score the home runs. I really admire you for that.
Much love! -Rebecca
Gillian and Dave and your beautiful family. My boys asked me about you the other day, and they remembered this day of pain and emptiness, we love ya'll and don't forget you or you baby. You know Heavenly Father puts people in our lives for reasons that we don't know why until later. I know why we had the oppertunity to get to know a little about your heavenly family is you are truely an example to me. You don't know how many bad days I have in my life and I think, if Gillian can get through this so can I. I love you and miss you more than you know. I hope and pray everything is going great in your family. Ya'll keep smiling, we won't ever forget you. Love, Cory Contreras
Gillian and Dave and your beautiful family. My boys asked me about you the other day, and they remembered this day of pain and emptiness, we love ya'll and don't forget you or you baby. You know Heavenly Father puts people in our lives for reasons that we don't know why until later. I know why we had the oppertunity to get to know a little about your heavenly family is you are truely an example to me. You don't know how many bad days I have in my life and I think, if Gillian can get through this so can I. I love you and miss you more than you know. I hope and pray everything is going great in your family. Ya'll keep smiling, we won't ever forget you. Love, Cory Contreras
Gillian,
I've been reading your blog and I realized that you aren't part of the Angel Children blog yet. We've created a blog site for parents who have lost children. Please become a part of us. We need you! It's at www.angelchildren.blogspot.com If you can't access it, email or post on Stephanie Waite's blog at www.adailyscoop.blogspot.com She's the one who started it. Tell her you lost a child too and want to become a member of the Angel blog and to please add your email address and then tell her your email address so she can add you. She'll probably then ask you to email your child's name, birthdate and death date and parents full names and a picture of your child to post on the angel blog with all of ours too. It's really such a neat website and I hope you come soon! We need you and your encouraging words! You will LOVE this group! There are some really neat people!
Always,
Cassie Weske
gill i am so sorry. those pictures are so cute and wonderful. I miss you guys terribly
What precious pictures. How priceless! What a sweet boy.
I don't know if you remember me - (Carrie Vanatter) but I grew up in the Fair Oaks ward with you guys...only I was a Beehive when you and Dave were Priests and Laurels - and I thought you two were just adorable. I loved your purple prom dress and how he painted his truck to match. You two were the talk of the town! Super cute couple! Your family is beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss. Thank heavens families are forever.
Dear Ashtons, You are always in my mind and i pray for you and the new baby:) and everyone else. I hope you are doing good and i miss you terriably.
Love,
Mickey
Post a Comment