Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Aubrey's surprise party


May 17,2008
I asked Aubrey what type of birthday party she wanted this year. I made a few suggestions--a swimming party, a sleepover, a "salon party". She thought about it and then told me, "I want a surprise party." That made me smile a little, but I couldn't talk her out of it. I asked why she wanted one and she said, "because people look so happy when they are surprised." So a couple weeks later, she got one. It was literally planned in about 48 hours. My friend Allison, who is a party planner, totally came through for me. She had it all planned--all I had to do was make a few phone calls. Although I only gave people about 24 hours notice (at best), every single girl I invited came. I can add it to my mounting list of "small miracles" that have occurred over these past few months.

It was a "glamour" party. There were pedicures and hair styles, Dave set up his portrait studio and he took glamour shots--with antique hats and gloves, an adorable lipstick-shaped cake, and lots of fun. My friends Timari and Allison totally came through. I also had Lauren and her friend Bry help with fixing hair, and one of the laurels from my ward. My friend Kailynn made sure that Aubrey was gone for a while so that we could get set up. The best part was Aubrey's face when she walked in the door--she definitely looked "happy".

"Surprise!"


Cute, and delicious! Thanks, Allison!






One of Claire's glamour shots


9 year old birthday girl



5 comments:

♥Stef said...

Happy -late- Birthday Aubrey! You are such a sweet, sweet girl. Your party looked like it was so much fun. Your mom is so awesome to give you such a fun party. Abbey just went bowling...shhh, don't tell her! I hope you have a wonderful year being 9!!! Hope to see you soon!
Stef

Jenn said...

Too many Girls!!! Come check out our blog at fossumfamily.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What an adorable idea! You have great friends Gil! Aubrey is so cute. I miss her. Can't wait to see all of you in a few weeks.

Judy said...

Her face was priceless. Love seeing the pictures from the party. Laren had a great time!

Rachel Powell said...

when did aubers get the hair of a supermodel?