Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

Still playing catch-up...

This past weekend (Memorial Day Weekend) my sister Amy came to visit from Illinois. I would post the pictures of all the fun things we did, but I guess we didn't take any. We did have fun---dinners, lunches, pedicure, movies, dvd's at home. We even had a little surprise party for her birthday. It's been a while since I've had so much fun.

For Memorial Day we had some friends over for a BBQ. After I took Amy to the airport, Dave and I took the kids to visit Zach's grave. It still seems like a "downer" for the kids--especially after such a fun day, and it usually puts everyone in a pretty melancholy mood. But I thought it was an important thing to do on Memorial Day. It was a beautiful evening and we stayed there for a while. We had the whole place to ourselves. We're still waiting on Zach's headstone. It took a while for us to order it. It will be nice to have, though.

4 comments:

♥Stef said...

I thought about you guys on Monday. I was glad your sister was with you for the weekend! Our day was cold, rainy it even hailed, or as Nick said "it's raining snowballs". We only spent a few seconds with Cathy then had to run. I hope next year will be better for you guys :0)

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts were also with you guys and I'm so glad that Amy was able to be with you. I'm sure Zach's headstone will be nice. Send pics when it arrives. I wish we were close enough to visit.

Judy said...

Was thinking of ya that day! It was a solemn day at my house when I was a little girl too!

shel7by said...

thinking of amy makes me happy. thinking of you on memorial day makes me sad. You're in my thoughts all the time.