Friday, June 6, 2008

Justin's Scout Day Camp

Dave was asked to be in charge of the Stake 11-year-old Scout day camp this year (Did I mention I'm over the scouting program in the stake Primary?) I actually had nothing to do with it--purely coincidence.

He put together a pretty spectacular day camp--today was the first day. They went on a hike, built and cooked with a fire, tied knots, and learned how to use a compass. In the afternoon, I brought them popsicles. (It was the least I could do--it's over 100 degrees out here--I actually didn't even get out of the car).

Tomorrow they're doing archery and shooting rifles. Remind me not to bring popsicles--or get out of the car.



2 comments:

a wynn wynn situation said...

Hey Gillian! Amy said you had a blog so I thought I would drop in and visit. I LOVE all your photos and the slide show of Zachary is beautiful.
I'll bookmark you guys and check back in to see what you're up to.
Take Care!
Karen

Joyce said...

Hi Gillian--Tracy said she found your blog the other day. I was excited to see that Day Camp went so well since I was a part of Dave being asked to do it---I knew it would be especially with both of you!