Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Just one hour

I had to take a picture of this, just so Dave would believe it. This perfectly represents my life right now. As most of you know, our house is back on the market. That's right, what goes around comes around and all that. 10 days after we "sold" our house, the buyers backed out and so we re-listed it. This time around it hasn't been so easy. It's been very slow and, I'll say it...depressing. I've been in a state of constant anxiety in my attempts of keeping a perfectly spotless house (and most of you know what an impossible feat that is for me), and alternately waiting for the phone to ring.
A couple days ago, a realtor called to bring someone over so I did my mad crazy dash of cleaning/hiding/organizing/yelling at kids, etc. We left the house for a couple of hours and then came home to a sparkling clean, yet still for sale home. An hour later, yes 1 hour, 60 minutes, una hora, une heure, ...later I went in to check on Claire and this is what I found.
I wish I had a "before" picture to emphasize the transformation. This completely sums up my life these days. If I had a better camera lens, you would be able to see the little containers full of bugs that she had collected as her pets and the eggs (from the fridge) that she attempted to keep warm and hatch. No wonder what that funny smell was from under her bed--that no wallflower or room spray could mask.



Also included in that hour was enough time to put on a leotard and fall asleep.
P.S. I really do love Claire
P.S.S. Does anyone want to buy this house???

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Thats so funny Gillian!! All you can do is just smile and go "Blog" about it!!!

New Life in Utah said...

Oh My Goodness! LOL you have days like this too with your kids? Glade to know life happens to someone else. It would be nice not in a move but all you can do is go with the flow. I needed a good giggle Gillian. I know your home will Sale soon. just stick with the hard efforts it will all pay off soon. JUST THINK ALASKA it will get you pass! only a few more days till you go and get a little R&R!

Andrea said...

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face. You know how that can be a rare thing these days. You are amazing Gillian!

Shel said...

If it helps at all, we had the exact same thing happen to us. Our first buyer fell through and we had to "start all over again"... at least that's how I felt. James had already been down here working and I was ready to be with him, so it was so depressing, but it did sell again fairly quickly and I'm sure it will for you guys, too.. Our house was no where near as gorgeous as yours, either!!! Oh my goodness, I think Claire and Daniel were best buds in the pre-existence! I can so relate to the fact that she was able to complete every single thing she did in one hour, cuz that's exactly what Daniel can do and does on a regular basis! We always say that he is a one man show.. I have a hard time keeping up with that boy and can't wait for school to start and fill up some hours in his day, but as you said about Claire.... I do love him with all my heart! Best of luck to you, Gillian, You Rock Girlfriend... love ya', Shelley

♥Stef said...

Oh how I miss Claire. She is so full of energy (and a little something else). She is just one of a kind. I love her. She was such a cute baby and is such a beautiful little girl. She is going to be an actress someday, I am sure of it. Tell her Aunt Stef wishes she was there to play bugs with her (mainly so I could help clean up for you)! I really hope you don't have too many more days of clean (hide) and dash, that is THE worst! You are handling it great though Gil~ You are the best.

shel7by said...

ha ha. sucks to be you. i would probably beat her.

Adriana said...

You know, I think that I have seen a room like that before. Oh, yes, it was this morning, and yesterday, and the day before. Deana has a very hard time playing with only one toy at a time and putting them away afterwards. The “one hour” I have also experience. One morning (I stayed up and cleaned the play room) the phone woke me up and I talked for about 45min. During that time Deana woke up and “played” well you know how that goes (and what the room looks like afterwards).

I’m sorry your house is up in the market again. You are probably going to get a much better offer for it (probably from someone who will want your house as much as you want your first choice house).

Adriana

bigelow family said...

When our house was for sale, CPS really should have come and hauled me away! I remember when Lauren was little and she would make those fantastic messes- the scissors in the pajamas is still my favorite!- and Sam was pretty mellow and didn't do to much other than pull all the books off the bookshelf. But my other four kids have more than made up for his calmness. It does make life pretty interesting! I think Claire and Nathan could be really good friends!