Thursday, November 6, 2008

Evolution of Pumpkin Patch Pictures

I think the Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the colors, the cooler temperatures, the spicy scents, the traditions. It's caramel apples, trick-or-treating, piles of colorful leaves, and baking pies. One of my favorite traditions is taking my kids to the pumpkin patch. I look forward to it for weeks--and I hunt for the perfect coordinating outfits for pictures. Pumpkin patch pictures are just my thing, okay. Even when "the patch" is just a few rows of pumpkins and hay bales in a church parking lot. But not this year--this year we discovered a real honest-to-goodness Pumpkin Patch. Hay rides and hay bale mazes included. We are in the big league now.

So I'd thought I would take a little stroll down pumpkin patch memory lane.

I even made a couple slideshows--from this year and last.

The pictures we took at the pumpkin patch in Midland last year were some of best pictures of Zachary we have. Zach was absolutely adorable in his little striped sweater and hat. The family picture is basically the only one we have of our entire family (except for a failed attempt last Christmas). It was a good day.


2003--the first year we had a digital camera.

The little Halloween jumper that Claire is wearing was a hand-me-down from Lauren. My mom made it for her when she was a baby.


2004---I got a lot of mileage out of these sweaters.


2005--I love this picture, it's when I first started to realize how similar my kids look.

2006--Zach was with us here--just two months until his birth.

2007--our whole family--all seven of us


2008--our "new" family. This was a hard picture to take. I'm glad I did it.

9 comments:

Megan said...

beautiful pictures! I'm jealous a real pumpkin patch would be so much fun!

Danielle said...

Good for you for getting out and keeping the family traditions going. I can't imagine how hard it is. Love the pictures!

Jen Guthrie said...

I love fall pictures too...thanks for the memory stroll...everything changes from year to year...time keeps moving...your kids are so precious...I want to be neighbors again...been saying that for 12 years!

The Lindners said...

I agree with you about Fall- there's just something so warm and comfortable about it. You're wrong about the "new" family picture though, i can still see Zach there too. Love you guys!

Timari said...

It was good to see all the picture throught the years. How wonderful it is for me to have known all the kids in every year. There has been lots of memories growing up together. Love ya tons.

Christy said...

Gil...love your pictures. I've been lurking for a while and now that I have my own blog I know how nice it is to get comments. I've felt your struggle in your posts and have learned how strong you really are. I can't believe how big your kids are. It's been way too long. We've got to get together sometime. I'll work on talking my husband into visiting TX. Let me know when you visit anywhere close (UT...since I know you visit there sometimes) and maybe I can talk him into seeing you then. Love you!

wyofamily said...

I love the photos...You always have such cute ones..I cant believe how big everyone is getting...Besidies Dave I think he stopped...lol...love ya

♥Stef said...

Who could notice the pumpkins? I am looking at the beautiful children that you have. I love little Claire's eyes! I love Zach's face in that hat. You really notice his beautiful eyes- ok nose and mouth too. He had such an adorable face. Lauren is always such a cutie, Justin is handsome and Aubrey is a doll. You are so blessed Gillian. Your family is so loved by all.

Andrea said...

What adorable pictures! I'm so proud of you for taking that picture of your "new" family. I know how hard that is to do when one very important person isn't there anymore. I think you are amazing Gillian!