Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Catching up on random stuff--Monster Blog

It's been an action packed summer so far--and not in a good way. Just kidding, I like to add "not in a good way" onto everything I say for some comic relief. I'm usually the only one who gets the joke--except for maybe my sister Amy.



I've missed posting far too many exciting events during my extended trip down depression lane--and so now I'm playing catch-up. Really what I should be doing right now is organizing closets but they're just too messy--and not in a good way.


First, I was going to include more pictures of our fabulous family reunion--since we took so many. Then I read my sister-in-law Jessica's blog and she did all the blogwork for me--so check out the play by play of our week at http://mjfam.blogspot.com/


Here are a few of the portraits that Dave took:

First the 9-year-olds (who I refer to as LEA--Lily,Emma, Aubrey)




Then there's GCA (Gabe, Claire and Abby--also my initials--that just came to me)


Notice how happy Gabe is to be wearing "church clothes"

This is CA--or Clabby



This is just the rest of them--does anyone else notice how the older kids get, the less you take pictures of them?


This is just a bunch of kids wearing orange. I recognize a couple of them.


This is me just bravely posting pictures that have not been edited, cropped, enhanced, altered

When you see this on our Christmas card this year--the visible backdrop will have mysteriously disappeared.

Okay, so while we were in Phoenix, we spent a day and night with our awesome friends, The Allens. We had lunch, went to a Diamondbacks game, and had a great time catching up.


Lauren and Lexi

Justin and Tate


Me and Tami



The Aubreys


Ashlyn and Claire--together again
The whole gang



Moving right along--after our awesome visit with the Allens--Lauren and Lexi talked me into leaving her in Mesa for the week. I'm such a pushover. I also let Claire stay with Ashlyn for a couple days, then she spent the rest of the week with Gabe.
We did a little spur of the moment "cousin swap" --we brought Lily and Daniel home with us for a week and left Claire at the Mannings. I definitely ended up with the better end of that deal. Here are a few highlights of the week: movies, swimming, restaurants, pedicures for the girls, arcade for the boys, night at the drive-in theater, a lemonade stand, ice skating, and of course, late nights playing Wii.
Somehow I talked my brother-in-law Ben into driving all the way to New Mexico to "trade back the kids". Thanks also to Britt for meeting up with him with Claire and Lauren.







































Hey, is anyone still there? Just checking.


Next--the day Claire and Lauren got home from Arizona, my sister Jessica and her family came to visit on their way home from Utah. More good times. We wish they could have stayed longer.

The night Claire, Ashlyn and Elena were going to sleep on the tramp--but it only lasted about one hour--while the adults got to enjoy some "Arrested Development" inside.





This is baby Sophie--the human one. Not to be confused with the puppy Sophie who resides in our backyard.

This is little Melanie--who looks far better than me in a swimsuit.


You know when you call someone and you get their answering machine and you leave a ridiculously long message--but you still have more to say--and the machine hangs up on you midsentence. I think that's what is happening here with this blog. I'll have to finish my random stuff later--like Justin's 11th birthday and my house hunting trip to Dallas. Plus, I'm getting pretty tired--and not in a good way.

8 comments:

Jen Guthrie said...

I never get tired of you Gil...and you did an awesome job on your post...you and your family are so beautiful....really, really! You did all of that...plus packed up the house...dave is gone (at least no comments that you are on the computer too long :) ) and keep up with the kids....I would of just gone to bed and hoped I put something on my blog by next christmas...case in point...how I mail things...or don't!
You are the best...and I won't do lemonaide sales and have my house on the market...you Rock!

lorelie said...

I'm basically out of breath thinking of all you are doing, or have done or WILL do! There seems to be little quiet time, but hey...it IS summer and as always it appears you are making some wonderful memories for your kiddos. I love how you write and could read it for hours! Ever think of becoming a freelance writer? Looks like I'm not your only fan! You look truly beautiful as well as the rest of the family. I love that you have this blog, It makes me feel like I'm there visiting any time I want to! I wish you were moving to the other "D" city (Denver) instead of Dallas. Maybe someday! =)

Jackie said...

You are so funny! I miss you. It looks like you guys are so busy! I feel like I just ran a 10K after reading your post. gasp, snort, sigh... (and not in a good way!)

♥Stef said...

First and foremost; YOU NAMED YOUR DOG AFTER YOUR NIECE? Sweet! I guess if you have as many nieces and nephews as you do, its bound to happen right? We have the top two dog names in our family, Max and Sadie, so those names are out for our future dog, or should I say IN.
I love your post and pictures! I actually wish it was longer! Like I have said before, you are a very entertaining writer. I am glad the kids are keeping busy this summer! It looks like they are having a good time. I wish I could be there to help with the boxes. I am really good at packing. I am so lazy that I convince myself that I really don't want any of my old crap and simply throw it away. Try that trick!
PS Great pics Deb, I am looking forward to my Christmas card already!

New Life in Utah said...

It was so good to talk to you on the phone while you guys where off to Dallas to house hunt. I love all the fun summer photos of the Family! We had a blog mess up and now we had to start over so we have a new sight. When we hear you dancing in the street all the way over here in NM it is because you sent the kids off to school and caught your breath!LOL

Shel said...

Fun times!!! How amazing you are!! Your blog is so fun to read.. you do a fantabulous job at it. Sounds like the kids have had a summer filled of cousin fun... You know my sister in-law named my nephew after our dog Noah..hmmm... weren't we flattered..ha ha... Good luck with your move.. it's all too fresh for me.. I feel for ya' on that one...

shel7by said...

i feel violated. ..and not in a good way.

Judy said...

Looks like a very busy but fun week! Love cousin time!