A week ago I was telling people who asked, "We bought a house." Dave even sent out an email with pictures and the address to our family. So here we are a week later, and we bought a house--with a different address. We got the house that we wanted! We got the house that I fell in love with a few weeks ago--the house that someone bought right out under our noses. In the past couple weeks as we have looked at other homes, I have been so depressed. I couldn't find anything I liked as well as that first house. Maybe I idealized it a little in my mind--you know how that goes--I was throwing the word "perfect" around with wreckless abandon. But I did feel like it was my house--and the right house for my family. So now it is my house--or it will be in a few weeks when we close. I absolutely acknowledge that there were unseen forces involved in making this happen--I'm not a big believer in coincidence anymore.
So here is my question. Why was I blessed with exactly what I wanted while someone else (the previous buyer) was not? I'm sure they are good people. I'm sure the owners of the other home we put a contract on--and then backed out of-- are good people too. Yet, now they are both out of luck--just so I can feel a little bit optimistic about moving. How does that work exactly? Anyone, anyone? Maybe I don't want to know the answer. I'll just accept this as a big fat blessing from the Lord--and hope that no one wants to egg our new house after we move in.
Our new house in Keller--knock on wood.



10 comments:
Wow... things work out! I'm so glad that you got the house that you first wanted. It looks gorgeous. I like how it looks private, and am excited to see more pictures. I hope this does help with the move and the hard times. It seems like things always work out for you guys. You must have great faith and patience - something that I could be better at. Thanks for being good examples to me. We love you guys! Wish we were there to help with the move.
What a beautiful house! I'm so excited that it all worked out. I hope you have the most awesome neighbors and that the ward is good to you because you deserve it! I also hope a fresh start will help with the grieving process. You will have to let me know. Maybe that is what I need too. You are amazing Gillian!
Love,
Andrea
I guess the creepy neighbors moved, so now you get the original house you wanted! Yea! Blessings come in very strange ways. Getting or not getting a house can be a blessing in disguise . Like I have said before, you are due for some major blessings,it's just your turn. You do everything you can to help others,and now it is coming back around. You are the best and I am looking forward to witnessing all the good luck and happiness that is coming your way.
No one will egg your house...Dave will be the one planting dead rattle snakes at pregnant neighbors front doors...come on Gil :) I am so excited for you...if anyone deserves extreme blessings it is you....Your Heavenly Father is so aware of you..He only puts us through what we can handle and He is guiding you and it is fun for me to share your "moments" with others because you can see His hand in your life. We can't choose our trials but we can make it through them! If I say this out loud and write it on your blog maybe I'll remind myself of this too...so don't feel guilty but know that He is aware and loves you more than we all can even understand! I love you too...be happy and have a big house because you'll share the joy with everyone around you!
love,
jen
You are right, it is perfect for your family and for me to come and visit. It is still unreal that you are moving. I guess I'm not going to accept it until the moving truck drives away. That is going to be a hard day and a good day. I know that the new surrounding will be good, (as we use to say the "fresh new start") but hard for me because you aren't close anymore. What are we going to do???????? Can't talk about it anymore. You better believe I'm your first visitor. Love you tons.
Wow! It looks like a great house. I am excited for you guys. We wanted to move to Dallas dang it! It was our #1 choice. I hope it is a very uneventful move. Good luck.
I think that rainbow you saw was telling you something... that house WAS meant to be yours and now it is.... what an awesome blessing and I can't think of more amazing people who deserve it!! What a gorgeous house, Gillian!!! Congratulations on the house and we'll pray for a smooth move for you guys...
You got an Awesome, Beautiful house! It will take you no time at all to make it into a home. You know Keller is where Aiden was born! I don't think that registered till now.That is exciting to know. so it looks like the only eggs I am sending is rushed will be for breakfast!:-) God is looking out for you guys. I love to hear that you are finding things fall into place for this move. Cannot wait to come hang with you guys!
WOW!!! What a PHAT house. What would it be like?? I can't wait to come see it. Hopefully this year after you get all moved in-----Zach
I read this saying from a plaque on another blog, it said "The tender mercies of the Lord are real. They do not occur randomly or by coincidence." David A. Bednar. Sounds like you have had a tender mercy with your home, I'm so happy for you.
Post a Comment